Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Eve forgotten post! ;-)

It’s New Year’s Eve! We will be witnessing the turn of a decade at midnight tonight. Can’t help but to really ponder on the passing of time.


It seems just yesterday when we were all buzzing about the millennium, and all the Y2K projects, and now we are 10 years into the 21st century. Kind of mind-boggling.

I feel a little off today. I think it is a combination of factors.

1. The last day of the last year where I will be a non-mom.
2. I actually splurged quite a bit of dough on bird’s nest last night! Yikes!

It’s funny how I still struggle when it comes to buying things for myself.

I guess part of me feels guilty that I am searching conscientiously for gently used stuff for my baby, and then I turn around and use the money I saved to splurge on bird’s nest (which Wayne calls “Bird’s saliva”).

Kind of puts things into a different perspective! Aargh!

Many people asked me why I feel bad about splurging a little, when I am working and pulling in my own income. I wonder too. Hmm..

I guess a big part of me doesn’t see it as just MY money… It is both Wayne’s and my money. It is OUR money, so I do feel bad.

And no, I do not buy into the notion of having my own private stash. Wayne has been generous with me since the first day I move in with him in Charlotte, so I will not withhold any of my money from him.

I guess I will then have to learn to deal with the feelings of guilt when I do splurge on myself occasionally then. =)

There, now that the decision has been made, I do feel all better.

From now on, I will accept the occasional twinges of guilt pangs when I do splurge, rather than to have my own private stash of money, away from Wayne. =)

Happy New Year, everyone. Now, it’s time to contemplate on the goals I am going to set for myself for the upcoming year!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment