Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day musings

Ahhh… January 1st, 2010. The beginning of a new year, the beginning of a new decade. And certainly the beginning of a new additional chapter of life for Wayne and me. =)


There’s so much yet I want to do, to see, to feel, and I feel like time seems to be slipping by. It’s so easy for the hum drums of daily life to slip into our consciousness, and before we know it, life seems to be running on autopilot.

I’ve never really made New Year’s resolutions, since I never do that while growing up in Singapore. But for this year, I am going to be a contrarian!

While everyone around me is moving away from making resolutions, I am going to make some for myself!

So, here goes!

1. Keep our family budget and accounting up to date (Try for once a week, rather than once a month!).
2. Set up the proper financial accounts for the little one that is coming in March before he comes!
3. Tame the paper tiger in our house by throwing/recycling/shredding more regularly (going to try once a week, rather than once a month where it gets overwhelming!)
4. For the next 2 months, pack 3 lunches to work (up from 2 now).

Okay… I think that is enough resolutions/goals for one day. Sure don’t want to overwhelm myself!

The last thing I want to do is to look at the list and go… Forget it! They are never gonna get done. ;-)

Well, the journey of a thousand miles begin with the first baby step! I am now going to go through my first pile of paper, and decide what to do with them! Fun stuff! =P


Here’s wishing everyone a wondrous 2010, filled with lots of love, abundance, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment